Are you sure you want to perform this action?
This policy helps you to make informed decisions about your relationship with us, so please read it carefully. This policy, together with our Terms and Conditions as set out at librio.com/terms, applies when you use our website librio.com (the “Website”) or visit a site that uses our advertising technology. We’ve set it out to be as easy to understand as possible. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
The purpose of this policy is to:
- Ensure that you understand what information we collect with your permission, and what we do — and do not do — with it
- Explain the way we use information that you share with us
- Hold us accountable for protecting your rights and your privacy under this policy.
Types of Data collected
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you choose to give us
- Information we collect about you and your device
- Information we collect about you via advertising
- Information we receive about you from other sources
- Information about your location
1. Information you choose to give us. You may give information to us when filling in forms on our Website or a third party’s website or by corresponding with us via email, phone or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, place an order on our Website, provide us with details for a specific product, register for our newsletter, enter a promotion, survey or competition, report an issue on our Website or contribute to any discussions on social media integrations on our Website. The information you give us may include your name, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, age, date of birth, gender, photograph, username, password and other registration information, as well as the book recipient’s name, date of birth, age, gender, appearance and address. Each piece of information you give us may be used independently or in conjunction with other information you provide to us.
2. Information we collect about you and your device – Each time you visit the Website we may automatically collect the following information:
a. technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, language and versions, operating system and platform;
b. information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed, purchased or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
3. Information we collect about you via advertising – From time to time, we may place ads on third party sites (such as FaceBook). When you view or otherwise interact with our ads, we and our partners may use various technologies (such as cookies) to collect and store information about you including cookie data & anonymised IDs for attribution & advertising purposes. We use these technologies to help us understand more about our customers and the effectiveness of our adverts.
4. Information we receive from other sources - We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them
5. Location Information - We may also collect information about your location, such as the IP Address of the device you access our Website from.
We do not collect your financial information. This is collected and stored by third party payment processors.
The use of the collected data
We use data held about you in the following ways:
1. to allow us to provide you with our books and related products;
2. to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website when you choose to do so;
3. to conduct competitions and promotions;
4. to contact you about products and services you have requested;
5. to notify you about changes to the Website and products and service we offer;
6. to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
7. to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
8. to ensure the Website is safe and secure;
9. to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
10. to allow us to remind you about our products or services on particular dates you have provided us with.
11. to allow us to provide you with other information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
12. to contact you by post and email
The emails we send to you fall into two categories:
(i) Emails which provide you with information about offers, new products and other items that we think may interest you or Librio customers generally. You can notify us of your preferences concerning our newsletters here: https://www.librio.com/account
(ii) Emails that we send concerning activity on your Librio account ("Service Messages"), specifically
a) To remind you of unordered items in your online basket
b) To remind you of product creations that you have abandoned
c) Surveys to capture your feedback on orders you have placed with Librio
d) Surveys to capture your feedback on contact with our customer service team
While we do our best to act on your preferences as soon as we reasonably can, please be aware that it may take up to 7 days for changes to your preferences concerning Service Messages to take effect.
We may also use data held about you for another purpose, but only where such purpose is communicated to you at the point of data collection
We collect, use, disclose, retain and dispose of your personal data in a proper manner, for authorised purposes and take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction. The data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted via the internet. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Within Librio, we restrict access of your personal data to those of our employees who have a business reason for knowing such data. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with the relevant laws and regulations to protect your personal data from any unauthorised access. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Librio transfers, processes and stores information about our users on servers located in a number of countries. Information collected within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and Switzerland may, for example, be transferred to and processed by third parties located in a country outside of the EEA and Switzerland, where you may have fewer legal rights in relation to your information. Librio may also subcontract processing to, or share your information with, third parties located in countries other than your home country. Your personal information may therefore be subject to privacy laws that are different from those in your country of residence. Your information may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, and the provision of support services. We will only transfer your personal data to third parties in territories where such transfer is compliant with applicable laws and regulations. For your information, this includes circumstances where:
the territory is recognised as offering adequate standards of protection;
the third party is based in the United States and has signed up to the Safe Harbour Scheme; or
we have put in place adequate safeguards, including the implementation of standard contractual provisions which are approved as providing adequate safeguards with respect to the protection of your privacy.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
Your data is kept only for the time necessary to provide the service or product you request, or to fulfil the purpose outlined in this policy.
Information about Cookies
Strictly necessary cookies - These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies - They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies - These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of currency or language).
Targeting cookies - These cookies record your visit to our Website and services, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. We may also use these cookies when we place ads on third party sites (such as FaceBook). This allows us to understand the number of times our ad has been viewed, whether you visited our Website after viewing our ad and the links that you followed to get there.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a maximum of twelve months.
You have the right, at any time, to know whether personal data has been stored as well as the content and origin of the data to verify its accuracy. You also have the right to ask that your data be supplemented, blocked, erased, updated or corrected. Requests should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the data we hold about you. In particular, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your data to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Links to third party websites
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties, our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Are you sure you want to perform this action?